Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, September 12th, 2009

BACK TO THE BASICS!

Once more, Dogtrane was on an excursion to Brooklyn and NYC for some crate diggin' and left me on my lonesome. Per usual he prerecorded his half of the show, this time laying down a 1 hour set of straight-up '70s Disco. The live reviews in the chatroom were rave as he laid down layer after layer of hustlin' classics that would have made the cast of Dance Fever squeal with delight!

On my segment I continued in my efforts to give light to some of the more interesting stuff that is out there on the fringes of what some people are calling Nu Electro, as well as some of the best stuff from the more mainline folds of the genre. The theme this week was doubles, as I played 2 from a few artists, including DJ Xed, an Electro Funk group from NY called Vinyl Life, and 2 unnamed tracks from a mysterious unnamed artist from the Open Concept Recordings label.

Here is the track list for my segment:

[unknown] - "[unknown]" {sneak sneak preview from OCR}
DJ Xed - "Elektro Rays"
Magnetic Bass Force - "Search & Destroy"
Q_iz - "Forever Friends"
Vinyl Life - "Hot Sauce"
Space - "Carry On, Turn Me On"
Luke Vibert - "Belief File"
Vinyl Life - "Future Beat"
DJ Xed - "Ozymatik"
Q_iz - "The Screen"
[unknown] - "[unknown]" {sneak sneak preview from OCR}

ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment