Thursday, October 1, 2009

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, September 26th, 2009

BOUT FUNKIN TIME!!!

Dogtrane opened up a big ol' can of funky whoop ass this week. He dropped an ultra grimy set of choice '70s Funk and Funky Disco from the likes of The Ohio Players, The Commodores, KC & The Sunshine Band, Funkadelic, Zapp and the list goes on. All done up in Dogtrane's inimitable style, inducing more than a few funky grunts, growls and utterances on the mic from yours truly. A funky trip not to be missed!

For my segment I complained rather loudly with what I am finding to be a boring turn and trend in Nu Electro at the moment. I decided to do my small part to counter this by for the most part playing tracks that I feel have gone against this trend. Definitely a different flavor to this one.

Here is the track list for my segment:

Teknophiliac - "Something Beautiful"
The Middle Men - "Unseen Beings"
Blastromen - "Metal Machine Victims"
DJR21 - "Robotek"
Gammachild - "Necronomicon"
Newcleus - "Jam On It (DJ Xed Remix)"
Mandroid - "Anti-Gravity Machines Remix"
Kalson - "Like You"
Electronic Confessions - "Time Morphs"
Leki - "Breakin' Out"

ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment