Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jam-On The Groove - Saturday, July 18th 2009

Sorry for the late posting this week, lots of things are happening...

BACK IN EFFECT!!!

After taking off a week for our annual Jam-On excursion to Coney Island Pier, Dogtrane and I returned with an episode to sort of mark where the show has gone so far.

Being that we are the show on Global Funk Radio that plays the most 4/4 dance music, Dogtrane decided to give us a 4 on the floor jaunt. First taking us through some choice classic Disco and then venturing into a nice mix of funky House music. He then finished up with an exclusive House mashed-up remix of Sheryl Crow's "All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun". Fun, funky set!

For my half I celebrated the arrival of the Street Sounds Nu Electro Chart to its new home at GFR, by compiling and playing a Top 11 list of our personal favorites of all the Nu Electro that we have played since our opening show this past April. I talked plenty of hooey of course. I've included a track listing in the order they were played, from 11th to 1st.

Signal Type - "In Abyss"
Karl Finlow - "Magnolia"
Sace 2 - "Stereophonic Sound"
Das Omikron - "Anolog Computation"
DJ Xed - "Sferik"
Newcleus - "Programmed 4 L.O.V.E."
Microthol - "Fragile"
Dr. Schmidt - "The Engines Of God"
Dark Vektor - "Wires"
The Middle Men - "Unseen Beings"
Biepang - "Neon Parallels"

With the Street Sounds chart now coming to GFR I have decided to make my portion of the show's dedication to Electro permanent. Not to say that I won't be playing other music from time to time, but I believe that the scene right now really needs my commitment!

ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment